[Valentina-studio] GUI issues

Rob Wingate rwingate at visual-book.com
Wed Apr 14 11:36:39 CDT 2004

> Rob - you are working on Windows, right? I am
> thinking of making the "List View" the default one
> for Windows - what do you think?

I work on W2K and OSX (primarily W2K).

I tend to think that on Windows, using standard GUI elements and widgets is
best. Of course, there are some good non-standard Windows GUIs.

However, on OSX (or any Mac OS version), I favor using more innovative and
non-standard GUI elements. Because that's what I expect to see from Mac
apps.

I think it's all about user expectation, regardless of platform. Windows
users expect certain looks and behaviors, and Mac users expect a little more
freedom to explore cool designs.

SHORT ANSWER: I think using the default List View on Windows is a good idea.

Rob