[Valentina-studio] GUI issues

Jochen Peters j.peters at valentina-db.de
Wed Apr 14 17:23:12 CDT 2004

Hi Rob!

> Here are a few cosmetic GUI issues I've seen:
>
> 1) I launch V-S on W2K, and the Schema Browser's background is white.
> Of
> course that's not a problem per se; just a bit non-standard for
> Windows.
Yes - you are absolutly right! I already have changed that to the
normal grey
background on Windows. This looks MUCH better.

> On the other hand, the Data Browser has a grey background.
Correct - this should be the same for all windows.

> 2) I resize the Schema Browser window, enlarging it horizontally, and
> artifacts (grey vertical lines) appear in the white background of the
> window.
>
> If I enlarge the window vertically, no artifacts appear; it only
> happens
> when resizing the window horizontally.
>
> If you like, I'll send you a JPG of what this looks like (offlist).
I have seen that - it seems to be a minor update problem - i am working
on this.

> 3) Right-clicking an entry in the Schema Browser's "Datasources" or
> "Table
> Elements" columns displays a popup context menu that has 2 adjacent
> separator lines. For example:
> ___________________
> | MACHINENAME      |
> |__________________|
> |__________________| <-- double line
> | Close            |
> |__________________|
> | New Database...  |
> | Open Database... |
> |__________________|
>
> The popup menus that appear when right-clicking entries in the
> "Datasource
> Elements" and "Database Elements" columns DO NOT have this problem.
Ahh - ok.

> Hope this is useful info,
> Rob

Thank you very much, Rob!

Rob - you are working on Windows, right? I am thinking of making the
"List View" the default one for Windows - what do you think?
(The List View will be improved, too!)