[Valentina-studio] Re: [V4RB 1.10] encoding problem with XP

Jochen Peters j.peters at valentina-db.de
Wed Apr 14 10:11:08 CDT 2004

Hi,

>> Hello Ruslan, I opened my DB with the Valentina Studio in XP, and it
>> display correctly all my VTexts
>
> Then it sounds like problem in V4RB code!
> Not in kernel.
>
>> but very strange, I cannot open the VS for MAC, both a42 and a49 (I
>> use Panther 10.3.3). When I do 2 clics on the VS icon, the icon flash
>> but nothing else !
Hhhm - strange. Have you ever used some very early builds of vStudio?
Maybe you have very old preference db which vStudio is not able to
convert to the latest version. Look for a folder called "vsPrefsDB" in your
home directory (inside folder "Preferences") and trash it.

> I can work with latest a49 on MAC. 10.3.3
>
> You have ON the crashes logs?
> Or open console and check if VS produce crash.
Yes - would be very helpfull.

>> but I think it would be an usefull feature to
>> display VTexts in a large window instead of a grid
Yes - agree.

> I have CC this to Valentina studio list.
>
> Another useful feature can be:
>     if value do not fit into cell,
>     then when we move mouse over cell and stop it,
>     yellow tooltip show value of cell as this do many Microsoft apps
Agree.

Note: I am currently working on the overall GUI of vStudio. I want to
improve many stuff here - if you have any ideas, wishes for GUI
improvements please let me know!