[Valentina-studio] Re: [V4RB 1.10] encoding problem with XP

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Apr 14 10:36:21 CDT 2004

On 4/13/04 12:26 PM, "Daniel FLEURY" <daniel.fleury at free.fr> wrote:

>>> Hi Ruslan,
>>>  Well, I wrote the database on the Mac side and read it both on Mac
>>>  and XP. Because the database is the same and the only change is the
>>>  valentina plugin used for builds (Win build with 1.98 versus Win
>>>  build with 1.10), I presume something has changed in the VText on
>>>  V4RB 1.10
>>>
>>>  Using the SAME valentina file:
>>>  V4RB 1.98 = no problem (Mac and XP), all is fine
>>>  V4RB 1.10 = display problem on XP reading VText (Mac is OK)
>>
>> I wonder if you have open it by Valentina Studio 1.10 ?
>>
>> Does VS also show wrong text?
>
> Hello Ruslan, I opened my DB with the Valentina Studio in XP, and it
> display correctly all my VTexts

Then it sounds like problem in V4RB code!
Not in kernel.

> but very strange, I cannot open the VS for MAC, both a42 and a49 (I
> use Panther 10.3.3). When I do 2 clics on the VS icon, the icon flash
> but nothing else !

I can work with latest a49 on MAC. 10.3.3

You have ON the crashes logs?
Or open console and check if VS produce crash.

> V Studio: Great tool !

Yes!

Than more if you will note that it can

1) work with LOCAL db
2) in the same time work with remote Valentina Server
3) work with any ODBC source on MAC and Win
4) import/export to/from ODBC to Valentina LOCAL or Valentina Server
5) show pictures and allow add them
6) edit such properties of db which VAPP was not able

> but I think it would be an usefull feature to
> display VTexts in a large window instead of a grid

I have CC this to Valentina studio list.

Another useful feature can be:
    if value do not fit into cell,
    then when we move mouse over cell and stop it,
    yellow tooltip show value of cell as this do many Microsoft apps

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com