[Valentina-studio] Current development status, feature discussion

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Sep 22 14:39:48 CDT 2003

on 9/22/03 2:24 PM, Jochen Peters at j.peters at valentina-db.de wrote:

> Here comes a (uncomplete) list of the currently implemented main
> features:
>
> 1) Modern Plugin-System
> 2) Running on Mac and Windows Systems
> 3) Browse and change the structure of Valentina database files (*.vdb)
> 4) Browse the data in Valentina database files - including picture
> support.
> 5) Browse and change the structure of Valentina server databases
> 6) Browse the data in Valentina server databases - including picture
> support.
> 7) Browse the structure of ODBC databases
> 8) Browse the data in ODBC databases
> 9) Import/Export  between ODBC and Valentina
> 10) Administration of Valentina Server (restart, shutdown, registering
> databases)
>
> What i want to know now is what should also be added into the 1.0
> version?

11) Import/Export to ASCII file.

4)
* Pictures must be as we have discussed before (see my letter to list)
* also great to have drag and drop of pictures to field?

12) what about icon view?
    at least for ObjectPtrs ?

15) what about editor of Calculated fields?
    also we have talk about feature: displaying of BAD calculated fields.
    this is not hard.

16) Python scripting as I understand we do not consider for 1.0, yes?

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com