[Valentina-studio] How-to Q: LARGE DATA INSERT

Aric Whitaker aric at pccrafter.com
Tue Sep 2 16:20:16 CDT 2003

I have a MS SQL server database with 5 tables that I have to replicate
to a Valentina db once a week... I generated a .SQL file to create the
tables, and INSERT the values... the only problem is that file is ~15 MB
in size... and VStudio for PC simply doesn't do anything when I go to
import the SQL (I am prompted for the input SQL file, and the output
database, but there it stops)

My question is this:  What is the best way to insert such large chunks
of data?  Should I use the Mac app, and insert comma-delimited text
files?

Thanks for the info...

Aric Whitaker
DBA for PcCrafter.com

(Ruslan... I am sending this to you as well since I still cannot post to
the lists... ?? )

---