[Valentina-studio] [DISCUSSION] Improving column view

Jochen Peters j.peters at valentina-db.de
Fri Nov 28 09:57:21 CST 2003

Hi Andy,

>> AOL Communicator, Audacity, AVG AntiVirus, CADToMill, Chandler,Chess
>> Commander, CTSim, Display Doctor, EarthVision, HelpBlocks,ImageLinks,
>> Intuitive MX, LDAP Explorer, Lmule, Mahogany, MinGW Developer Studio,
>> MojoWorld, Musik,StoryLines, TerraIM, TortoiseCVS,VietAnh, Voxel 3D,
>> Vulcan,
>> wxBlogger,xCHM, Zeemo, Zempt ...
>
> Well, I know this is a needless comment, but I really don't know one of
> those Apps.... ;-/
:-) At least AOL is used by millions of people all around the world...

> AND: I'd support Erics idea to have seperate OS-native development
> environments set up. In my experience it is much faster to develop the
> GUI
> on a target system using native environments as trying to get the GUI
> from a
> X-platform tool. (I for one always used CW on the MAC and VS on
> Windows -
> both of which where using the same sources, but different GUI tools.)
This is simply not possible! :-) You MUST have different sources to do
this - not in all
parts, right. But with wxWindows i even don't have to write this parts!

But guys - let us discuss the features of vStudio here!
Only one more comment: I am currently using wx as a "base" lib. This
means that i don't
use wx in my high level application code. This makes it possible to
change the framework if this
will be ever needed...
But as i have said - currently i don't see a reason for that...