[Valentina-studio] {DISCUSSION] Screenshot from latest Schema Browser

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sat Nov 8 17:49:25 CST 2003

on 11/8/03 3:50 PM, Jochen Peters at j.peters at valentina-db.de wrote:

>> If continue this logic
>>
>>>   Database
>>>       Tables
>>>           Fields
>>>       Procedures
>>>       Users
>>
>> by Finder then it should looks as
>>

>>     Data Source     Tables   >      Fields      >       Name
>>                     Procedures      Methods             LName
>>                     Views           Procedures
>>                     Users
>>

>> I.e. You need put "TABLE" not into column header as fixed string,
>> But into column inside!
>>
>> You see?
>
> HHmm - maybe. On the other hand you can't compare this exactly with the Finder
> (or Windows Explorer) - in the file system we only have folders and files....
>
> and in our case we would get too much columns (which would generate the need
> to make the columns dynamically).

Why? As far as I see, you will be able to use THE SAME 4 columns!

I click Fields and see in last column fields.
I click Methods, and see in last column methods...

> I think to keep things simple also for beginners the current column hierarchy
> is very clear.

> So - for the 1.0 Version we could simply add another button and show fields
> and methods in the same column distinguished by different icons, agree?

Not very agree, Jochen.

When we will get Procedures (I still not sure if we will need differ
BaseObject methods and Procedures) where you will show them?

Only in the tree view?

But this is not logical if some info I can see only in some view.
People will be confused.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com