[Valentina-studio] First Impressions

Beatrix Willius mail at beatrixwillius.de
Tue Jul 29 18:52:13 CDT 2003

On Montag, Jul 28, 2003, at 20:43 Europe/Berlin, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> But all tables and links already will be created and defined in
> Vstudio.
> Correct.
>
> When we have this, I do not see problems generate N items of CREATE
> TABLE
> for each table...
>
> Or N functions of RB that create that tables using
>
>     db.MakeNewBaseObject
>     BaseObject.MakeNewField()

Ruslan,

this is relatively trivial.

Simple excercise: create a database in Filemaker, make two tables with
1:m, create some layouts for it: list view with the "1" table, detail
view with the "1" table, detail view with the "1" table and some fields
from the "m" table. This is easy as pie: The views are synchronized and
I can navigate in them. In Access I even can define a base query to
have a more detailed control on the part of data to display.

I Realbasic this requires a lot of work. Therefore I think that the
automatic code generation should go a bit further: navigation of main
business objects and main layouts/screens.

Trixi Willius
http://www.mothsoftware.com
http://www.beatrixwillius.de
Fractal Images