AW: [Valentina-studio] Non-SQL record browser

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Jul 28 12:04:58 CDT 2003

on 7/28/03 11:42, Klamp, Kurt at Kurt.Klamp at abdnb.bayern.de wrote:

>>> Yes - i want to have something simular - it is a powerful feature - but
>>> i am not sure yet how to integrate this.

>>> Maybe we can have another pane in the current record browser which can
>>> be opened by a button "Show related" - ...
>>
>> I think not so easy.

> Why not with second cursor ?

> Second pane has popup with related tables (objPtr) and choosing a related
> table will build second cursor (select */** from relatedtable where
> recid=objptrfld) on the fly and show related recs depending on selection in
> first record pane. Like in Vapp but with cursors. Valentina must be fast
> enough to do so without waiting for recs, at least for the first 5-10 recs
> depending on the size of the second area .

> Even things like show 'selected/show free' is possible

Well, Kurt, probably you are RIGHT !!!!  :-)

I see just one limitation. Selection in the TOP browser must be selection on
SINGLE table, i.e. This CANNOT be JOIN TABLE or result of GROUP BY...

Jochen, I think this really can work...
Just later we will need more abstractions for this level.

Deal is that I want support in this way, NOT just ObjectPtrs, but ANY kind
of link between 2 tables:

1) ObjectPTr

2) RDB Link
      a) default FOREIGN KEY in SQL and RDBMS
      b) LINK condition assigned by user on fly.
            Just only. To see something.

3) New kind of link that can be M : M.

e-mail: ruslan at paradigmasoft.com