[Valentina-studio] Request SQL SUM() for V4MD VCursor, creating new Methods, Error 351 by opening SQL Editor, no more connection to Server 2a51

Jochen Peters j.peters at valentina-db.de
Thu Dec 18 10:00:18 CST 2003

Hi Beat,

> I would like to use SQL SUM() in V4MD VCursor as it is implemented in
> Valentina Studio 1.0a22
> would be a very nice feature if implemented there
> much less of lingo coding for me :-)
> -------------------------------------
> In Valentina Studio 1.0a22
> ----
> SELECT SUM(int_fld) FROM CountTable
> --Query Result: SUM(int_fld) = 711
> -------------------------------------
> In DirectorMX 9.0 / V4MD_Client.x32  2.0.0.0a51
> ----
> SQL = "SELECT SUM(int_fld) FROM CountTable "
> set sumCursor = new (Xtra "VCursor", GetRef(gDB),SQL,2,1,2)
> put getrecordcount(sumCursor )
> -- 1
> put getrecordsasproplist(sumCursor )
> -- [[#Sum: <Null>]]
> put getfield(sumCursor ,"SUM(int_fld)")
> -- <Void>
> put getfield(sumCursor ,"int_fld")
> -- Script Error
> put getfield(sumCursor ,"sum")
> -- Script Error
> -------------------------------------
> Beta Test Report
> Valentina Studio 1.0a22 on WinXP (Proff. Sp1)
> ----
> Creating a new Method puts always '' into calculation field
> (my workaround: dump xml, write the method to file, and loaddump so the
> method is shown and works in my database)
Will be fixed in the next alpha.

> ----
> Opening SQL Editor allways show Kernel Error 351 even with no database
> loaded or database without VarChar Fields
So - you can't open the SQL Editor???? Strange! Because this error
means: corrupted VarChar!
Is this a XP issue only?

> ----
> Known issue: sometimes no auto row sizing in table views
> With new Server 2a51:
> ----
> In Valentina Studio 1.0a22 with Valentina Server Plugin 2.0a46
> (latest?) i
> cant connect to Valentina Server anymore
> have to shut down server and open database normaly
>  In DirectorMX 9.0 / V4MD_Client.x32  2.0.0.0a51 connection works fine
The Client a46 is not compatible to the new server because the protocol
has changed.
The next Alpha will contain a new Plugin - current Plugin is a51, but
it does not work with the
old alpha because some interfaces has been changed.

I will release a new Alpha at the beginning of next week.