[Valentina-studio] Request SQL SUM() for V4MD VCursor, creating new Methods, Error 351 by opening SQL Editor, no more connection to Server 2a51

bkueffer at dplanet.ch bkueffer at dplanet.ch
Thu Dec 18 01:15:05 CST 2003

I would like to use SQL SUM() in V4MD VCursor as it is implemented in
Valentina Studio 1.0a22
would be a very nice feature if implemented there
much less of lingo coding for me :-)
-------------------------------------
In Valentina Studio 1.0a22
----
SELECT SUM(int_fld) FROM CountTable
--Query Result: SUM(int_fld) = 711
-------------------------------------
In DirectorMX 9.0 / V4MD_Client.x32  2.0.0.0a51
----
SQL = "SELECT SUM(int_fld) FROM CountTable "
set sumCursor = new (Xtra "VCursor", GetRef(gDB),SQL,2,1,2)
put getrecordcount(sumCursor )
-- 1
put getrecordsasproplist(sumCursor )
-- [[#Sum: <Null>]]
put getfield(sumCursor ,"SUM(int_fld)")
-- <Void>
put getfield(sumCursor ,"int_fld")
-- Script Error
put getfield(sumCursor ,"sum")
-- Script Error
-------------------------------------
Beta Test Report
Valentina Studio 1.0a22 on WinXP (Proff. Sp1)
----
Creating a new Method puts always '' into calculation field
(my workaround: dump xml, write the method to file, and loaddump so the
method is shown and works in my database)
----
Opening SQL Editor allways show Kernel Error 351 even with no database
loaded or database without VarChar Fields
----
Known issue: sometimes no auto row sizing in table views
With new Server 2a51:
----
In Valentina Studio 1.0a22 with Valentina Server Plugin 2.0a46 (latest?) i
cant connect to Valentina Server anymore
have to shut down server and open database normaly
 In DirectorMX 9.0 / V4MD_Client.x32  2.0.0.0a51 connection works fine

Beat Küffer
Bözingenstr. 160
CH-2504 Biel
Switzerland
++41 (0)76 349 7434 info at beatkueffer.ch
www.beatkueffer.ch

Web-Design und Programmierung, Multimedia-Authoring.