URGENT - "please help" Setting date format in Livecode

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Sun Sep 8 08:55:15 CDT 2013

On 9/8/13 4:46 PM, "william humphrey" <bill at bluewatermaritime.com> wrote:

Hi Bill,

> It tried to start and never got far enough in the process to automatically
> register the Bonjour services. This is from a copy of vServer which I copied
> over from another Mac because the installer will not work on this Mac.

Installer cannot NOT work :)

And copy files from one computer to another can throw you into hell,
at least because of permissions, ownership to other user name, and so on

> So far I learned:
>
> 1. There needs to be an "uninstall" shipped with the installer for vServer

Well, this can be added as script

> 2. The vServer installer needs better error checking to be sure it has
> actually copied the files necessary because with me it stalls after copying
> the stop_me.sh and before it copies over x64 app and x64ini

A guess.

Can it be that you have try install VSERVER_x64, while having yet  VSERVER
32 bit on same computer?

In this case installer yes can be crazy and put vserver into wrong folder.

> 3. The control panel needs a response that says why it can't start vServer
> (wrong password, vServer not there etc) It only has "no license"

Well, such magic is no so easy