Valentina Reports -- Vstudio 5.0 beta

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Wed Sep 5 08:46:54 CDT 2012

On 9/5/12 8:30 AM, "Tim Seyfarth" <tjs at global-electronics.com> wrote:

Hi Tim,

> Valentina Studio V5b Comments:

> 1.  The right side of the page layout is not clear.  There are many
> lines that are not part of the report, but rather left over from not
> refreshing the screen.

Ok, to check.

> 2.  Objects on the right side of the screen, are not shown.  However
> when moving them, the "shadow" is visible.   (especially when in
> landscape mode)

Sounds like something is broken on win
I will ask guys asap check it and we have many fixes to make b40 tomorrow.

> 3.  There is NO border line on the right side of the screen.  The left
> side does have one, but it is not easily seen. Perhaps a different color
> would help.

> 4.  Right and left panels are not collapsable.

> 5.  A properties menu would be helpful

What properties you mean?

> 6.  When moving an object, the other objects are not shown.  This makes
> it harder to position without running into the other object.

Brr, all this works fine on MAC at least.
And seems on Linux.

Most our developers live there now :-)
Ok, we will check windows builds asap.

> 7.  Fields with "can grow" do not grow to match the number of characters
> in the field.

No no

This property means that control can grow vertically if needed to show e.g.
Few lines of text.

There is no it seems horizontal auto-size ...

> 8.  Like RS, it would be nice if alignment lines showed up in vertical.
> So that when trying to center column headings over the data, it is easy.

I need to see this to better understand.

> 9.  If another unit of measure was added to fields - Character. This
> would allow sizing of a field to match the number of characters in the
> database field.  Also listing the character space in the properties
> would be helpful also to compare to the database field width (string).

Lets discuss because I am not very agree or I do not see something.

When you design a report, you need fit some field(s) into the size of
physical page. Right?

So as for me, we need think about
  "this field will have/use  e.g. 25 mm"

What sense for me to think in chars?