Client/Server and Journaling ...

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Fri May 18 01:37:42 CDT 2012

On 5/18/12 9:07 AM, "Fabian Kneubuehl" <support at ysd.ch> wrote:

> Hi Ruslan
>
> One thought about that. My application doesn't use journaling but my backup
> service does. Could it be a problem if two clients access the same DB one
> using journaling the other not???

You mean

    ClientApp1          ------>
                                                    VSERVER -> db
    ClientApp2          ------>

Anyway single ENGINE of VSERVER has access to db.
So it or do journaling or not do ...

But question is intresting ...

I think if app1 have disable it explicitly,
And app2 DO NOT enable it explicitly,
Then journaling still will be disabled for THIS db.

==================
> BTW: Since I avoid the table class but using a cursor for BLOBs and Pictures
> I have no problems with segment- and index errors! So this discussion can be
> closed, but I think it should be remarked in API description.

Very good.

Well, for years we say:
     client-server should tend to use SQL.

API way will be okay for localhost ...

Of course pity that we still cannot catch that issue in API mode...

I think Ivan should continue think about this and develop more and more
tests on this ... BTW, Ivan, may be that tests can contain "developer
mistakes", when code is obvious wrong, to see how works in this case our
protection mechanisms.