revOpenDatabase() -- list of open V4REV issues please

william humphrey bill at bluewatermaritime.com
Wed May 9 13:26:05 CDT 2012

That's true. I can only point out specific problems. I will refrain from
generalizations as it is obvious that the Valentina team is moving forward
on all fronts.

Specifically I would like a LiveCode stack that accesses an existing
complex database and can be compiled. I would like this stack to use all
the methods that Valentina feels are best. It should be like the one that
Altuit made when they were selling their SQLite plugin.

It should be only one stack. Not several disparate ones. It should show the
functions that a working project needs and it should use the latest
features of LiveCode especially the data grid.

ESPECIALLY THE DATA GRID.  And it should do everything with SQL and not use
tricks like SQLyoga product.

If necessary there can be one stack that is all native Valentina commands
and one that is all native LiveCode database commands as one other person
on this list has pointed out that the LiveCode database commands can be
useful even if I am afraid to use them.

I think this stack should be built by an accomplished LiveCode programmer
who is also a SQL expert.

Such a stack would make me very happy!