revOpenDatabase() -- list of open V4REV issues please

Marek Niesiobedzki nm at studionm.pl
Tue May 8 03:23:57 CDT 2012

Bill,

DB is only ordinary file saved on disk. You can write it by 32k engine and red by 64k engine and vice versa - it's not the reason.

Do you see any server name in Valentina preferences pane? I'm sure not (I don't also). It's probably the bug of Valentina preference pane file. Until you choose visible server, all buttons wil be grayed out. It's putted into Mantis list of bugs by me.

You should make visible Apple Scripts visible on finder's menu, and there are Start, Stop and Restart well working Scripts (all well described in Viki). There you also CANN find how to check if VServer is running.

Remember that each system start is running VServer and registers all db's from databases folder.

Don't reinstall server. 64k is OK.

Marek.