crash when doing search now database won't open

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Thu Jul 19 17:46:14 CDT 2012

On 7/20/12 12:17 AM, "william humphrey" <bill at bluewatermaritime.com> wrote:

Hi William,

> Getting somewhere. The source of the error is anytime I do a SQL search with a
> Boolean ( = TRUE) then I get the EOF file error.  You recover from that by
> unregistering the database, quitting vStudio, re-starting vStudio and
> re-registering the database.  But since these a SQL statements that I used to
> use all the time without causing this problem I'm still working to figure out
> why.
>
> OK - for some reason you can use this SQL:
>
> SELECT i_clients_companyname, i_clients_IsShipper FROM info_clients
> WHERE i_clients_IsShipper = 'FALSE'
>
> but if you use:
>
> SELECT i_clients_companyname, i_clients_IsShipper FROM info_clients
> WHERE i_clients_IsShipper = FALSE
>
> without the single quotes you will get EOF error and lots of problems.

1) I THINK, that if you look into logs of VSERVER,
     you will see some ERROR CODE and MSG about this query.

   EOF is secondary problem, because connection was lost

2) are we talking about latest 5.0 beta?

3) can you send ZIP of this db to Ivan or put into mantis if it is not huge,
Then Ivan must be able

 - put db under VSERVER
  - connect from Vstudio
  - execute above query