[ANN] 5.0b36 VSERVER + VSTUDIO

william humphrey bill at bluewatermaritime.com
Fri Jul 6 12:13:54 CDT 2012

OK - I'm not spamming the list but I have two computers. One the test bed
and one the working files computer. In order to copy the database file from
working computer to test bed (since you cannot start and stop the valentina
server without knowing stuff I don't know) I have to delete the old
database and then copy the new one in.

I just did that after having added some data to the old database. There was
also some data in the new database. Imagine my surprise to find that both
sets of data were present. I will test this impossible result again later
but there was a line of data present that was only in the old deleted
database after I copied the new database over. Is it possible that the
"journal" which I had not deleted or copied over somehow put the data from
the deleted database into the new copied over one? If that is the case
that's pretty cool.