V4REV > VServer connection problem

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Tue Apr 24 11:45:14 CDT 2012

On 4/24/12 2:56 PM, "Marek Niesiobedzki" <nm at studionm.pl> wrote:

Hi Marek,

> What is the time in your place now? I see you work hard day and night.
>
> Thanks a lot for info, it's most common with what I saw after the code of
> examples investigation. Only one missed for me is OUT() function what is
> blocking me to edit examples codes to make them working.
>
> I have the questions which could help me with understanding Valentina:

> - can I use both get Valentina_InitClient() and get Valentina_Init( 8 * 1024 *
> 1024 ) in one code (for example if I'm using one db in my stack, and second db
> as client from the same script?

Yes, but I will need make one fix in V4REV right now.
So for next b28 this should works.

Important is:
    Valentina.Init()
    Valentina.InitClient()

Such order must be of calls.

So, YES, your app can work in the same time with few local dbs and few dbs
from few Vservers.

> - should I use "initialize" command (get Valentina_InitClient() ) before using
> LiveCode revOpenDatabase(...) command or "initialize" command is used only if
> I'm using native Valentina API?

NO.

This command self watch

A) if you have specify not empty HOST - first param
   then it uses Valentina.InitClient

B) if HOST is empty, then dbname parameter must have local path.
Also one of params have cache size, and last 3 can contains serials,
That internally will be passed into
  Valentina.Init( cacheSize, serials, ... )

> When we can expect next beta version?

Couple days