losing data

Ivan Smahin ivan_smahin at paradigmasoft.com
Mon Dec 27 02:25:19 CST 2010

On 12/26/2010 6:13 PM, william humphrey wrote:
> Thanks Ivan
>
> How do I issue "flush" command from LiveCode?

get VDatabase_Flush( dbRef )

> This is important because clearly the auto-flush setting must be
> different now than the old default setting.
>
> default is:
>
> ; 1 - Flush after any data modification.
> ; 0 - Default value - no flushing.
> FlushEachDataChanges=0
>
> I will try a setting of "1" and see if that bothers me. If not than
> there is no need to do autoflush command on a less regular basis from
> LiveCode.
>
> Do you know if the old setting was flush after every data
> modification? I look at my old ini and don't even see a flush data
> modification setting.
>
> Bill

I was not about some default behavior. FlushEachDataChanges was
introduced a long time ago.
You may use it on your own - as some tmp solution or on the regular basis.
Default state is zero - no flushing (it means vKernel will decide the
moments when the flush is required).
1 - means flush after each db changes ( like schema or data changes )

Ivan Smahin
Senior Software Engineer
Paradigma Software, Inc
Valentina - The Ultra-Fast Database