V4RB and Valentina and Rich Text Format

jda jda at his.com
Tue Aug 11 16:12:03 CDT 2009

>Hi Jon,
>
>Thanks so much for taking the time to reply.
>
>You can save the document as a .rtf file
>in a behind the scenes way via RB.
>
>Is there a way to save the RTFData into Valentina?
>varBinary and blob doesn't work.
>
>Is there a way to convert from Little Indian to Big Indian and visa-versa?
>
>Thanks Jon.

Hi,

RTFData is just text. Here's a quick example I generated from a TextArea:

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg256{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil Lucida
Grande;}}{\colortbl\red0\green0\blue0;}\uc0 \ql\f0\fs24 this is a
test}

I'd store that in a VText field. Then you can set the TextArea's (or
EditFields) StyleText.RTFData to whatever you stored in the Valentina
VText field.

If you want to stick with TextStyleData, you have to write a
converter. I have done that for my own purposes. Since this is the
Valentina list (not the RB list), I won't post it. But if you want
it, contact me off-list (jda at his.com).

Jon