V4RB and Valentina and Rich Text Format

Barry G. Sumpter barrysum at bigpond.net.au
Tue Aug 11 16:05:17 CDT 2009

Hi Jon,

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply.

You can save the document as a .rtf file
in a behind the scenes way via RB.

Is there a way to save the RTFData into Valentina?
varBinary and blob doesn't work.

Is there a way to convert from Little Indian to Big Indian and visa-versa?

Thanks Jon.

Hi Ruslan,

It's NOT the things I don't like.
It's the things like development overhead I have to deal with to keep
Valentina as my DB.
i.e. vague or undecipherable answers, sparse help examples,
and the extra time I have to spend nutting it out myself by using trial and
error.
In this case it would have been cheaper/faster for me
to buy a 3rd party tool and use their control and examples.

I'm happy to have completed the nutting out of the setTextAndStyle myself.
And happy to re-research the RTFData that I couldn't get to work before.
Just to make sure I haven't missed anything.

And very happy with Valentina DB and Studio speeds.

And very happy that I do get responses to my queries.

All the best,
      Barry G. Sumpter