Hierarchical (Recursive) Queries

Fabian Eschrich info at faesch.de
Wed Apr 1 04:44:01 CDT 2009

Hi,

Ruslan told me about the new hierachical (recursive) queries functions in valentina some days ago. As my app works alot with such folder structures inside the database, I wanted to give it a try.

If I understand correctly, I need a link for it.

My table looks like the following

id
manager_id
address_id
startdate
enddate

address_id points to manager_id. Each manager_id could have an additional record in the table where it is the address_id.

I think this is the idea behind hiearchical queries. But I dont know how to start with it.

What do I have to do, if I want to get all the "root nodes" and its childs and grandchilds and so on?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / kindly regards,

Fabian Eschrich
FAESCH Software

info at faesch.de

Fon:     +49 (0)37206 889293