VServer - moving DB question

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Oct 29 10:37:22 CDT 2008

On 10/29/08 4:10 PM, "Jason Moehlman" <jmoehlma at moehlman.com> wrote:

Hi Jason,

> I am having an issue moving or copying DB's from VServer to VServer
> with v4 ( and 3.6b also ).
>
> I may be doing something wrong, but I used to be able to copy a DB
> from one system to another.  Now unless the DB was created on that
> server it will not recognize it.  Trying to "Register" a DB created on
> b2 with b7 crashed the server and I had to wipe the entire Database
> folder to get VServer to restart.
>
> Another way that used to work, was copying a DB onto a VServer and
> then open it from code, and it would find the new DB and work just
> fine.  Now the program gets an error on open, and the program code
> assumes that the file does not exist, recreates and overwrites the
> existing DB with a new blank one.  The problem is the initial error
> even though the DB is there, just not created there originally.
>
> What is the right way to copy, move or upgrade DB's on a 4.0 VServer?

* So you have database created by v4.0b2 ?

* WARN:  4.0b5 was broken build as we have found,
        and it cannot open other dbs,
        and its dbs cannot be opened.

May be you have installed 4.0b5?  But not 4.0b7 as you think...

* you can try open this db by Vstudio and see what happens.

** there is nothing special in move old dbs to V4.
    format is the same. Should work.

* May be you need send us your db
* May be try to diagnose and clone it by old version, which can open it.