VServer - moving DB question

Jason Moehlman jmoehlma at moehlman.com
Wed Oct 29 08:10:05 CDT 2008

Hi All,

I am having an issue moving or copying DB's from VServer to VServer
with v4 ( and 3.6b also ).

I may be doing something wrong, but I used to be able to copy a DB
from one system to another.  Now unless the DB was created on that
server it will not recognize it.  Trying to "Register" a DB created on
b2 with b7 crashed the server and I had to wipe the entire Database
folder to get VServer to restart.

Another way that used to work, was copying a DB onto a VServer and
then open it from code, and it would find the new DB and work just
fine.  Now the program gets an error on open, and the program code
assumes that the file does not exist, recreates and overwrites the
existing DB with a new blank one.  The problem is the initial error
even though the DB is there, just not created there originally.

What is the right way to copy, move or upgrade DB's on a 4.0 VServer?

Thanks!

Jason