[ANN] Valentina 3.6b30 ready for MAC, WIN and Linux.

Bart Pietercil bart.pietercil at cognosis.be
Wed Jul 30 05:27:09 CDT 2008

Hi Ruslan,

just started working with b30 VStudio Pro

For me the BIG thing is the Keep Alive off the VServer connection

For the limited time I have been working with it, this version FEELS
VERY good.

As you can see the bug reports I submitted until now for this version
have all the severity of "MINOR".
That must mean something ;-)

I must admit that for the moment I am only working in the schema editor.
I saw in the mantis mails that you started working on my biggest point
with diagrams (growing off).
If I recall correctly you were saying that diagrams do not need to
grow by page.

I my (not so) humble opinion I tend to disagree.
I think diagrams are ment to be printed (most of the time) and as such
should be based on units that are easy to print --> pages (be it in
portrait or landscape).
These pages should even be visible in the diagram build screen. This
makes it easy to rearrange tables and links in such a way that they
are convenient to print.
As I said in the mantis report, for me THE example of good practice in
this area is OmniGraffle (www.omnigroup.com).
The canvas in omnigraffle is standard one page in portrait. The canvas
has standard a property "size is multiple of printer sheets" checked
and a property "auto adjust the canvas size".
The combination of these 2 properties has as result that when one
places an object over the edge of the canvas, the canvas expands with
one page width vertically or horizontally.

I'm giving you my remarks right now because starting from friday, I am
taking a break (will read my mails less often)

Bart
PS: Of course reports remains high on our needed list (on vPHP)