V4 Upgrade

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan at paradigmasoft.com
Wed Dec 3 00:28:52 CST 2008

On 12/3/08 3:44 AM, "Neal Campbell" <nealk3nc at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Neal,
Hi All,

> As  suggestion on your document, it might help to have some scenarios
> towards the end. I think everyone will glaze over it then wonder,
> whats it really gonna cost me!
>
> So, if I buy the current V3-V3 upgrades I am set? I will look at that
> immediately!

1) Lynn, I think this is good idea! You can add 1-2 more pages to that PDF,
with examples like:

    I have                  I want                      Upgrade Path
    v1 ADK mac              v4 ADK
    v1 ADK mac+win          v4 ADK

    v1 ADK mac              v4 VDN
    v1 ADK mac+win          v4 VDN

    v2 ADK mac              v4 ADK
    v2 ADK mac+win          v4 ADK

    v2 ADK mac              v4 VDN
    v2 ADK mac+win          v4 VDN

If upgrade price from v1 and v2 ADK is the same -- please point this in the
document. If v1 or v2 users need pay full price -- please mention this in
the document. Now it is not clear.

About v3

    I have                  I want                      Upgrade Path
    v3 ADK mac+win          v4 ADK+

So you have on hands TWO ADKs of v3:
    V4RB mac
    V4RB win
    VStudio

Upgrade to ADK+ v4 gives to user THREE any ADK on choice.
This means that if user did have V4RB he can easy upgrade to anything else!
And choose for example:

    V4CC mac            yes - we see migration from V4RB to V4CC.
    VNET win
    V4RB mac

So developers upgrading to v4 get easy way to CHANGE language used with
Valentina.

> So, if I buy the current V3-V3 upgrades I am set? I will look at that
> immediately!

2) yes you can buy today v3 to v3 upgrade, get serials that work next year
for YOUR adk. And these serials will work with v4 products of course.

So if you have V4RB mac=win and Vstudio mac, and you upgrade to
    V4RB mac+win and Vstudio mac then all is right.

Just in this way you stay with V4RB, you do not get yet reports.
If you will decide get report you can later upgrade from your ADK to ADK
with reports and get serials for reports.

Have I answer your question?