Valentina 4 Upgrade Guide

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Tue Dec 2 10:11:06 CST 2008

http://www.valentina-db.com/download/valentina4upgradeguide.pdf

Hello all,

The link above is to a rather simple and marginally formatted upgrade guide
to help you get an understanding what we are going in terms of upgrading our
current user base.

Probably our biggest change is going to be dropping our "connections" system
and going to a per deployment model for VDN developers. The five connection
Embedded Server will continue to be royalty free of course. But we've found
over the last few years that the connections system was very confusing.

There are going to be some very big changes as well in some core products -

- Valentina Office Server is going to get reporting services, for the most
part, at no additional cost
- Until the final two mystery features are added to Valentina Studio Pro,
you'll be able to use VSP for free - meaning, you can create reports and the
like, but the reports will have watermarks on them. You can of course order
VSP, and using a full serial number will make those watermarks go away
- If you don't know that Valentina Reports is coming - well, it is :-)
- ADK Pro will have a name change (its referred to as ADK + in the
document), but we will allow you to pick any three ADKs rather than have a
single dev tool. The same goes for VDN Platform edition

If something is unclear, please let me know. Im posting this to our list so
that we can figure out what's not so easily understood before we finalize
our releases.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President