[ANN] Valentina 3.6b31 uploaded, MAC, WIN, Linux.

Jason Moehlman jmoehlma at moehlman.com
Fri Aug 1 10:44:22 CDT 2008

Hi Ruslan,

On Aug 1, 2008, at 10:15 AM, Jason Moehlman wrote:

> Hi Ruslan,
>
> On Aug 1, 2008, at 9:45 AM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:
>>
>> Try new vserver office installer.
>>
>> Just only I have sent letter.
>>
>> Btw, one more with new installer!
>>   it NOT uses Apple PackageMaker. Which I think cause this glitches.
>>

> The new installer is stuck on the vsrv_office_launchd_start.sh script
> now for 30 minutes or so, clicking on the kill process in activity
> monitor prompts that stopping it now may leave the system unstable.
>
> Something is definitely not right, but I am not sure if I should kill
> this do a filesystem check, permissions repair, etc.  and try again or
> simply call it quits.  Is there anything you know of about the install
> that I should not cancel, I don't think this is going to do anything
> but spin the progress bar.

I killed the process and once I rebooted and checked the FS there was
enough of the install left behind I was able to create a functional
version for testing with.

But neither of the current install processes is working cleanly for
me.  I did go through checking the disk and permissions also, which
both came up clean.

Thanks for the help!

Jason