V4CC examples questions

Dave Parizek david at parizek.com
Wed Oct 4 19:27:42 CDT 2006

One of the Mac OSX tips for Valentina Cocoa developers talks about
how to check your executable paths:

otool -L libvshared_fat_release.dylib
libvshared_fat_release.dylib:
         /usr/local/lib/vcomponents/libvshared_fat_release.dylib
              (compatibility version 2.4.3, current version 2.4.3)
         /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Carbon
              (compatibility version 2.0.0, current version 128.0.0)
         /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
              (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 71.1.3)
         /usr/lib/libz.1.dylib
              (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1.0.0)

I do this and my versions are much older - like 2.3.0 instead of 2.4.3.

So I deleted everything Valentina and reinstalled from fresh download
of V4CC 2.5 b4.  Still old versions.

Should I have newer versions?  Are the wrong versions in the V4CC 2.5
b4 download on Paradigma website?  Does it matter - would that
explain maybe why I cannot get examples to build and run?

--Dave