V4RB: what UB-Version?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Wed Oct 4 15:44:12 CDT 2006

On 10/4/06 2:01 PM, "Claudius Sailer" <Claudius at sailer-online.de> wrote:

Hi Claudius,

>> at the moment I am generating with RB a PEF-Application and make
>> with App Bundler then a *.app.

Ok.

>> I want to make now a UB Application of my Application. I know that
>> I have to use RB2006r3
> sorry RB2006r4.

>> but what do I have to change from Valentina
>> side and what Beta-Package includes UB? On Downloadside from Beta I
>> can't see which one is UB?

V4RB (Macho + win) -- this is UB.
    also note name of archive contains     _ub_

Now we will have only UB - macho buld by xcode.

> Can I generate Mach-O builds with RB and Valentina and the Valentina
> Stuff is automatically in the package or is it manuell work to copy
> valentina stuff in the package, the reason for me to build PEF an
> then use App Bundler!!!

Until REALbasic will get "Post-Build Scripts" feature which have xcode,
visual c++, you cannot build all automatically.

I very recommend to everybody RB used VERY ASK REAL to add such feature
asap. If you know such feature request in their feedback system please drop
to all lists with URL and request add votes.

Now V4RB UB is build with help of xcode and use true MACHO .dylib librarues
located in Vcomponents.

To build complete APP ready for standalone use I will make SCRIPT easy for
use from terminal. Future you will be able just copy this script into
REALbasic POST-BUILD step todo this job.

So what will do this script.

1) COPY VComponents folder into APP/Contents/VComponents

2) correct for all dylibs the @executable_path to point this new location.