V4RB 2.4.3 b2 UB, anybody did have problems with installer?

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Oct 2 16:09:12 CDT 2006

On 10/2/06 12:49 PM, "Dave Addey" <listmail1 at dsl.pipex.com> wrote:

Hi Dave,

> I get this problem too.  It only happens if I already have an old
> vcomponents folder in /usr/local/lib/ .  It seems as though the installer
> cannot overwrite the old vcomponents folder, as it needs to have
> administrator priviledges to do so.
>
> If I delete /usr/local/lib/vcomponents myself via the terminal, then the
> installer works fine.

Okay, so I need check option -- REPLACE ALWAYS

> One other thing - it was not obvious what the installer does!  Before
> releasing this version, it needs a Readme saying where the vcomponents
> folder is put, and also saying where the V4RB.rbx plugin is put.  I had to
> do a search to find that:
>
> ~/Paradigma Software/V4RB_2/

Ops right,

I use not other installer, and it not allow choose plugins folder.
So we just install into HOME,
You need  COPY plugin manually.

So far this is all right. May be I will use again old installer, or find way
do things better.

---
> ...had been created.  And, in order to copy the vcomponents into my built
> application, I have to use the terminal and do:
>
> cp -r /usr/local/lib/vcomponents ~/Desktop/MyApplication.app/Contents/
>
> ...which is not very obvious or very easy!

Sorry, but what is not easy ?

This line cab in your scripts,
You have write that you already have such scripts.

Btw, it is NOT enough just copy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If your move your app to other computer without /usr/local/lib/vcomponents
It still will not work.

To make it working inside of APP package you need use script as one that
present in VComponents folder.

Do not complain, this is how OS X works :-)

ALSO MAIN QUESTION:

    V4RB UB works fine?