V4RB2.5b20 upgrade problem #2006

jda jda at his.com
Thu Nov 23 15:45:10 CST 2006

>>Do not think about this...
>>
>>If 2.5 will require reindex we will add this.
>
>this would be nice. One of my users reported that he can't use his
>converted database because the values are not correct. I told him
>how he can Reindex database and after that everything was fine. I
>would now expect, that his database was also not okay before his
>converting the database to V4RB2.5b20 but in earlier versions this
>doesn't matter and now it changed.
>
>Could you insert Reindex Database after convertion?
>
>Thanks
>

>Claudius
>
>--

Hi Claudius,

With b21 (which I can now use) I found that even freshly created
databases with 2.4.3 fail diagnose with a bad index in 2.5 (they pass
diagnose with 2.4.3). So now I think either (1) the index really is
damaged on convert, or (2) the index was not damaged, but is
incompatible with 2.5. I've filed this on Mantis as #2009 if you want
to watch that report.

Jon