V4RB2.5b20 upgrade problem #2006

Claudius Sailer Claudius at sailer-online.de
Thu Nov 23 20:57:27 CST 2006

Am 22.11.2006 um 09:13 schrieb Ruslan Zasukhin:

> On 11/22/06 7:02 AM, "Claudius Sailer" <Claudius at sailer-online.de>
> wrote:
>
>>> That should be easy, since the Valentina version number will change
>>> between 2.4.3 and 2.5. Just check the db when it is opened...
>>
>> I don't understand this now.
>> When I open new app and database is converted I get the new version
>> number. I can't check the old version number, then the database is
>> converted and then I get the new version number.
>> So every time when I open database first time when it will converted
>> and later I will get every time the same version number. where can I
>> find the information that the database is NOW converted and when I
>> start applcation next time that it is NOW not converted!!
>>
>> It is possible that I think to complicate ;-))
>
> Do not think about this...
>
> If 2.5 will require reindex we will add this.

this would be nice. One of my users reported that he can't use his
converted database because the values are not correct. I told him how
he can Reindex database and after that everything was fine. I would
now expect, that his database was also not okay before his converting
the database to V4RB2.5b20 but in earlier versions this doesn't
matter and now it changed.

Could you insert Reindex Database after convertion?

Thanks

Claudius

--
iMac CD 2GHz / MacOS X 10.4de / RB 2006r4/ Valentina 2.4.3
Homepage    http://www.ClaSai.de