Part of Dump load ignored

Joakim Schramm joakim at astrocalc.com
Tue Nov 21 00:24:12 CST 2006

This is strange,

I deleted that tables and links, then imported dump again and what happens!?
Vstudio say dump load was succesfull, BUT not a single dut was imported into
dbs!

I have now found out that by simply load the file in a text editor, do a
tiny edit like add and remove a space, save and the dump is useless! It
surely must be something with the text format that changes, preventing
vstudio from loading the data but still "think" all is ok.

Well, I figured it out finally but writes this anyhow as someone else may
run into the same thing. I opened and looked at the file preferenes in my
favourite editor TextPad and yes it's a Unicode file all looks fine there
but still it did'n seem to save it correctly. I looked further an found a
check box "Write Unicode and UFT-8 BOM" and that was it. By checking it
before saving vstudio not only thought all was ok it DID IT ok as well. The
only fuss is that I have to remenber to check this option everytime opening
the file as it's not remembered, but that probably a shortcoming of the
editor.

Yes it also picked up the dump part below AFTER it been move to come after
the table the object pointer referenced to. This mean there is a bug in
Valendina dump as it doesn't allways know it have to dump tables in a
correct order. Added to Mantis as #0002002

/Joakim