Stan's slow problem

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon May 29 16:01:57 CDT 2006

On 5/29/06 3:17 PM, "Stan Busk" <maxprog at mac.com> wrote:

> I will send you a database so you can test. I have the problem
> everywhere, in my 3 products and dozens of databases. Maybe it looks
> fast for you with one only query. My accounting product for example
> creates reports doing perhaps 100 queries in a loop. If one query
> takes 1s rather than 0.25, it takes now 4 times more. My management
> software also creates reports and charts. Charts were instantaneous
> before, now they take up to 20 seconds. Again, I query the database
> in a loop for all periods in the chart. If one query is slower and I
> have 60 or 100 periods I have to wait a long time to get the chart
> displayed. In my newsreader, on startup I count articles per group,
> there are 80 groups, it takes a couple of seconds with v2.2 but more
> than 20 seconds on 2.3 likely because queries are slightly slower.
> When inside the application and I show threads with unread article
> count it takes far much longer to display, again because I do a lot
> of query, scrolling list it goes slower and slower until I get beach
> ball and have to wait for calculations to be done. With v2.2 that was
> instantaneous and working perfectly. So v2.3 has screwed all my
> projects without exceptions.
>
> Again, I know, a lot of bla bla bla and you want a database... I just
> need to figure out how to do that the best so you can see what I am
> talking about. I also need to choose what app to use for that as
> absolutely all have the same symptoms.

The best way:

You send me some database - not very big

You make very simple project in 20 lines of code
       init
        db open

            loop with 100 queries

        db close

       shutdown

This code is on some empty window with one button.

And please specify, what time give THIS project with 2.2
And what time it gives with 2.3.
So I will know what time I will need to get to make you happy.
Okay ?