Stan's slow problem

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon May 29 14:32:00 CDT 2006

On 5/27/06 12:44 PM, "Stan Busk" <maxprog at mac.com> wrote:

> I personally think Valentina 2.3 has a serious speed problem with
> COUNT() and SUM() functions. As soon as you revert to Valentina v2.2,
> it works at normal speed again. So my question is, what happened
> between v2.2 and v2.3 that could affect COUNT() and SUM() ? Right now
> it is faster for me to count and sum manually with a for...next.
>
> I have the problem in 3 different projects with about 30 queries
> using COUNT() and SUM() functions. Could you compare v2.2 and v2.3
> speed for those functions?

Stan,

I have take the same Examples/1.x/Single Table example,
Table 100K records.

Query

select count(*)
from Person
where byte_fld < 100
order by byte_fld

Return result fast.
WHERE condition of this query select 37000 records..
So quite big result and many work for COUNT(*)

I have try modify query to be

select sum(byte_fld)
from Person
where byte_fld > 1
order by byte_fld

Again no time ....
Stan, I cannot reproduce your problem here with all my best.

I cannot understand, why few weeks you complain on speed,
but have send me NOTHING so far ???