Stan's slow problem

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Thu May 25 23:06:40 CDT 2006

On 5/25/06 10:41 PM, "Stan Busk" <maxprog at mac.com> wrote:

> Yes, but not today, I need to be fresh to do that so lets wait
> tomorrow or better this week-end so I have no interferences and I can
> take the time to do it. Anyway I found out that all the places where
> I get very big slow downs are places where I perform several queries
> in a loop. I don't know if it has something to do. My newsreader
> however is slow as hell but I am using threads, more queries you
> perform slower it gets.

May be RAM is eaten?
    Try watch in Activity monitor

> After 10 minutes you get the beach ball
> almost all the time and each query takes each time longer.

Aha, really sounds like RAM leaking!

> As I said  that doesn't happen with previous 2.2. v2.2 is not comparable in
> speed with v1 serie (v1 was really fast) but it is more or less  acceptable.
>
> v2.3 is not. I really don't know how I can create a  project to reproduce that
> one. My problem is not as simple as running  a query in sample project. Anyway
> I just wonder what happened between  v2.2 and v2.3.

Stan,

I want point you that you can send me even the whole project.
We are not in position of competing to our customers,
And we are interested in YOUR success.
Also of course all will be confidential.

For example Jon (jda) very often have sent me his full RB project with
sources, and I have test it AS IS .