The next improvements

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Sun May 21 18:12:30 CDT 2006

On 5/21/06 5:52 PM, "Steve Albin" <steve at steve-albin.com> wrote:

>>> I do ask (again) that you fix bug #522, please. I must have lost
>>> thousands of dollars in sales in Europe and Japan because people
>>> download my app but then trash it when it crashes on launch. I
>>> can't believe I'm the only  one.
>>
>> #1248 is also an very important thing...
>>
>> bye
>
> Since these come up, I would also like to see some action on #1429.  At the
> least, I would like to see the entry acknowledged (it has been there for 2
> months) and let me know if what I am seeing is a bug or something I am doing
> incorrectly.

Guys,

Let me explain what is going on now in development of Valentina

* you could see slow down of bug fixes

* this is because Ivan almost second month work ALL TIME on new Vclient, new
protocol, and significant changes of Vserver.

    Main problem we have meet with Vserver is that we have take on self huge
task -- support of API way in both LOCAL and CLIENT. If you look around,
then mySQL, Postgre, ... they offer only simple client with SQL way in 15-25
functions.

    We instead have
    * C++ and other OO languages classes
    * many classes that should be able talk by protocol.
    * each of that classes have a lots of API functions.

    We have meet problem that it is very hard in manual way even implement
all this API functions. So we have invent few months ago new style of
development and now implementing it. I will not describe details, main is
that now we have AUTOMATE process of generation of Vclient and significant
part of Vserver. In future we dream automate generation even of all ADKs :-)

* Me also was busy last weeks on some deep changes in engine to establish
mechanisms for new features like EXPLAIN.

* Kirill last 3 months spend time mainly on development FOR EACH ADK its
TestProject. He have finish just only the last ADK - VCOM. During this work
Kirill have found and fix many of minor bugs and inconsistency in plugins
code. It is good that this job have made single person, because he have see
the whole picture from the point of view of ADK user.

* All these jobs I consider as very important because they add us sure in
stability of engine and ADKs or give us new tools to monitor engine and
improve it.

* when we finish these tasks we will of course make iteration by Mantis bugs
reported in this time. Meanwhile we have try fix only really urgent bugs
which was showstoppers for developers.

* Also I should note that 3 developers that have take active part in
Valentina and Vstudio development finish right now Universities and have hot
time with examines. Good luck to them! :-) After this they will return back
into Valentina development.