[ANN] Valentina for Cocoa 2.4 b1 uploaded

Shaun Wexler dev at macfoh.com
Wed May 10 09:09:37 CDT 2006

On May 10, 2006, at 6:10 AM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

>> Hey Matthew, that's the best way to do it.  You must be compiling
>> against the 10.4u SDK so we need to also put(or create a sym link to)
>
> But this sounds somehow strange
>
>> a copy of the V4CC.framework into that location.  Or conversely if
>> you are not worried about Intel at this point, double click the
>> project icon in Xcode and change it to "Current OS", that'll use
>> your /Library/Frameworks folder.
>
> * but Mathew use PPC G5
>
> * on my side it seems I also use 10.4u SDK and I was NOT need
>     manage this issue
>
> Somehow not clear ...
>
> Why even on MAC INTEL they do not use Famework installed into
>     /Library

The frameworks in Apple's SDK packages just contain stub-libraries
with the symbols and interface definitions for its classes; no
executable functions or implementation code.  This allows you to link
to the frameworks for development purposes (and have them located in
a different location) without requiring the actual arch-specific
frameworks to be installed.  The real framework still needs to be
installed on the target host systems it its actual deployment
location though.
--
Shaun Wexler
MacFOH