[ANN] Valentina for Cocoa 2.4 b1 uploaded

Justin Drury justin at crunch-recording.com
Wed May 10 08:19:33 CDT 2006

>> I am trying to compile the simple example included with the Valentina
>> for Cocoa 2.4b1 upload.
>>
>> I get the following error:
>>
>> /usr/bin/ld: warning can't open dynamic library: /Developer/SDKs/
>> MacOSX10.4u.sdk/usr/local/lib/vcomponents/VSDK.framework/Versions/A/
>> VSDK referenced from: /Library/Frameworks/V4CC.framework/V4CC
>> (checking for undefined symbols may be affected) (No such file or
>> directory, errno = 2)
>>
>> Am I really supposed to move a copy of the vcomponents into the /
>> Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk folder?
>> Or am I supposed to do something else?

Hey Matthew, that's the best way to do it.  You must be compiling
against the 10.4u SDK so we need to also put(or create a sym link to)
a copy of the V4CC.framework into that location.  Or conversely if
you are not worried about Intel at this point, double click the
project icon in Xcode and change it to "Current OS", that'll use
your /Library/Frameworks folder.

The other script code Ruslan provided is to create a sym link to a
VComponent inside your packaged app, otherwise the app will crash on
launch(as soon as it calls a Valentina function).  I'm hoping that
Ruslan and crew figure out a workaround for this so its no longer
necessary! (Or we'll build a version of V4CC that can be put into the
applications' package)