Does flush really flush?

Justin Drury justin at crunch-recording.com
Tue Mar 14 07:19:56 CST 2006

Here's my situation, I'm seeing a few corrupted databases.  Its
pretty much happening whenever new records are added.  After adding
records I call the database method flush, if the user force quits or
my app crashes, then the database get's corrupted, its hard to tell
its corrupted apart from the fact that that certain sql queries (like
a distinct on a field) don't behave properly.  However if the app has
closed and the user again quits or force quits in the future the
database is fine...

I'm storing the database in 4 files deleting the index file has no
effect.  Previously I tried using vstudio to recover the database(it
crashed), (dumps would crash[both sql and xml]my only solution was to
duplicate the database layout to another database and walk the
records copying from one record to another.  Ruslan:I have this
database still if you are interested...

So my question is... does database flush really clean up everything,
I'm adding records API way, is there anything else I can do(apart
from closing and reopening?)

tnx

justin