Clone fails

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Mar 13 13:52:06 CST 2006

On 3/12/06 7:46 PM, "Kem Tekinay" <ktekinay at mactechnologies.com> wrote:

>> I'm loosing the thread...
>> So  -  you  have some database (let it be database A) which is fine as
>> you think. BTW - did you try to diagnose this database?
>
> No, database A was fine yesterday with about 80,000 records. Last night I
> added another 16,000 records, then checked it in Valentina Studio using
> DIAGNOSE. I found it is now severely corrupted even though there were no
> errors while adding the new records.

Kem,

Send to us at least diagnose file.

I wonder, 80K records and so huge database?
What you keep there? Bit text? Pictures?

Contact us off-list. We will give you our ICQ
So we will communicate faster.

=========================
We have found problem with Boolean fields.
In fact in 2.0 they have work as BYTE field physically:
    - 1 byte per record
    - index file

So I re-write now Boolean field to work correctly as it should:
    - 1 bit per record
    - no index file at all.

Ken,

About Clone of your db.

Please make for us your db with only 2-4 records
And try clone it. Works or now.

I assume it will not, because of some Link problem as you say.
Then send us this SMALL db.