Clone fails

Kem Tekinay ktekinay at mactechnologies.com
Sun Mar 12 09:38:46 CST 2006

When trying to clone my corrupted DB manually in RB, I got the following
VException:

Invalid parameter value was specified in function
"Binary_Link::put_OnDelete".

Exception Error Number: 627987

Before posting this to Mantis, I wanted to make sure my cloning code was
right:

  dim originalDB as new VDatabase
  dim originalFile as FolderItem
  dim targetFolder as FolderItem

  originalFile = GetOpenFolderItem( "" )
  if originalFile = nil then return

  originalDB.Open( originalFile )
  if originalDB.ErrNumber <> 0 then
    MsgBox( "Couldn't open DB." )
    return
  end if

  targetFolder = originalFile.Parent.Child( originalFile.Name + " clone" )
  if not targetFolder.Exists then targetFolder.CreateAsFolder
  originalDB.Clone( targetFolder.Child( originalFile.Name ), true )
  if originalDB.ErrNumber <> 0 then
    MsgBox( "Couldn't clone DB. Error " + str( originalDB.ErrNumber ) _
      + chr( 13 ) + chr( 13 ) + originalDB.ErrString )
    return
  end if

  originalDB.Close