Corrupted database

Kem Tekinay ktekinay at mactechnologies.com
Sun Mar 12 09:01:59 CST 2006

My database is corrupted. Somewhere between adding record 80,000 and record
97,000, the data got damaged. There were no errors or unexpected quits or
any other problems while adding the data. The only change I made to my code
was to call gDB.Flush after every 100 K of data added rather than after
every record, and I did that because it was getting very slow to add new
records.

Valentina Studio is of no help in recovering this database as it would
rather quit than clone the data, and gives me an internal error if I try to
compact it.

Frankly, the data itself is unimportant as I can easily reimport it
(although it takes hours to do so), but I cannot use a database that can
become corrupted without warning. I have no idea how to begin
troubleshooting this, and my inclination is to give up on Valentina,
something I really don't want to do.

Help me, please.