MACH-O

jda jda at his.com
Fri Jun 23 10:12:18 CDT 2006

>You cannot debug in Mach-O; you must build the Mach-O app in RB and then
>manually add the mach-o format components to the Package.  Eventually, we
>will be able to debug in Mach-o when RB itself is Mach-o, so I have been
>told.  You can only debug using the carbon-format V4RB plugin.
>
>So, for now, you must debug using Carbon plugin and PEF setting in RB.  When
>you are ready to roll out Mach-O, build your app and then add Mach-O
>vcomponents to built package.  You can only test built mach-o v4RB app, not
>debug compile.

Thanks for the info, Russ. I now think that the crash I'm getting is
due to my shared library being PEF. The RB archives have a few
comments on this, and it looks like you can't call a PEF library from
a MACH-O build (even a debug build). It looks like I'll have to find
a way to rebuild the library as MACH-O before I can revisit this.

Jon