MACH-O

Russ Tyndall fitzbew at nc.rr.com
Fri Jun 23 10:03:17 CDT 2006

On 6/23/06 9:35 AM, "jda" <jda at his.com> wrote:

> Is anyone on this list using MACH-O (Mac OS X only) in their RB
> projects?

I have used V4RB 2.3x in Mach-O for desktop dbs successfully (no problems).
The only problems I have had are using Mach-O  with Vserver, BUT those
problems are unverified by Paradigma and they may very well be specific to
me.

> If so, can you tell me what your setup is (debug builds for
> now is fine)?

You cannot debug in Mach-O; you must build the Mach-O app in RB and then
manually add the mach-o format components to the Package.  Eventually, we
will be able to debug in Mach-o when RB itself is Mach-o, so I have been
told.  You can only debug using the carbon-format V4RB plugin.

So, for now, you must debug using Carbon plugin and PEF setting in RB.  When
you are ready to roll out Mach-O, build your app and then add Mach-O
vcomponents to built package.  You can only test built mach-o v4RB app, not
debug compile.

--
Russ Tyndall
Wake Forest, NC