Unicode Path Bite --> Valentina Light - all in one.

erne ernestogiannotta at tiscalinet.it
Mon Jun 5 19:25:20 CDT 2006

Thank you Ruslan,

sincerely, it's a real pleasure to deal with such a responsive and gentle
person.

Yes, it would be real cool to get rid of the ICU heavy load
especially for me selling just small utilities it's difficult to justufy
12mb downloads

And yes, you got my vote (FWIW :-) for putting this issue on high priority

on 5-06-2006 18:48, Ruslan Zasukhin at sunshine at public.kherson.ua wrote:

> On 6/5/06 7:29 PM, "erne" <ernestogiannotta at tiscalinet.it> wrote:
>
>> Hello Ruslan,
>>
>> I've just released my first app with Vale 2 Mach-O
>>
>> and already got the first report of the app not starting when path has
>> unicode characters
>>
>> Please, I know to be bothering
>> but this one is really urgent
>
> Problem comes from ICU.
> Apple says that it should work, but I do not see this so far.
>

> ---------------------------
> To inform all you guys.
>
> Shaun Wexler - cool MAC OS X / C++ / Cocoa / and so on developer
> Have join us in development of Valentina engine.
>
> * Shaun already have got cool success in building of Valentina engine as
> SINGLE DLL and/or LIB.
>
> * no more ICU inside of Valentina. Instead Shaun have found way
> to use OS X ICU.
>
> So now we know that it is really possible to make "Valentina All In One".
>
> ----------
> I very hope that THIS month we will be able introduce new product line
> "Valentina Light"
>
> Only I have no idea so far about V4MD and V4RB. Deal is that we have got
> this success using xcode and GCC.
>
> V4MD and V4RB still are on CodeWarrior.
>
> * Director is in deep stagnation. So far there is no any info, if and when
> Adobe will produce new version of Director.
>
> * When REALbasic will become universal, we switch to xcode also.
>
> I.e., so far only C++/Cococa/Revolution developers will get benefit.
>
> MAY BE I will find way to do trick with CW also. I see one way.
> MAY BE it will take 2-3 days only...

Cool Runnings,
Erne.
--