Unicode Path Bite --> Valentina Light - all in one.

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Mon Jun 5 19:48:05 CDT 2006

On 6/5/06 7:29 PM, "erne" <ernestogiannotta at tiscalinet.it> wrote:

> Hello Ruslan,
>
> I've just released my first app with Vale 2 Mach-O
>
> and already got the first report of the app not starting when path has
> unicode characters
>
> Please, I know to be bothering
> but this one is really urgent

Problem comes from ICU.
Apple says that it should work, but I do not see this so far.

---------------------------
To inform all you guys.

Shaun Wexler - cool MAC OS X / C++ / Cocoa / and so on developer
Have join us in development of Valentina engine.

* Shaun already have got cool success in building of Valentina engine as
SINGLE DLL and/or LIB.

* no more ICU inside of Valentina. Instead Shaun have found way
  to use OS X ICU.

So now we know that it is really possible to make "Valentina All In One".

----------
I very hope that THIS month we will be able introduce new product line
    "Valentina Light"

Only I have no idea so far about V4MD and V4RB. Deal is that we have got
this success using xcode and GCC.

V4MD and V4RB still are on CodeWarrior.

* Director is in deep stagnation. So far there is no any info, if and when
Adobe will produce new version of Director.

* When REALbasic will become universal, we switch to xcode also.

I.e., so far only C++/Cococa/Revolution developers will get benefit.

MAY BE I will find way to do trick with CW also. I see one way.
MAY BE it will take 2-3 days only...